The Big 2-3.

It's my birthday today! I'm really excited because I get to spend several days in Austin visiting my two best friends. It was a birthday present from myself to myself...I'm sure I have something emotional and/or sappy to say about the past year (A LOT has happened), but for now I'm going to keep it lighthearted and share some photos and quick blurbs.

Things I've done to celebrate so far:

May 27: Pre-Birthday

  • I celebrated early with my family. My mom made homemade German Chocolate Cake and a delicious summer citrus salad.

Love you.
Delicious.
So mature. 


May 28: Flew to Austin! 

  • Ate tacos, drank coffee, and got a quick tour of UT-Austin with K and C.
  • May or may not have blasted Taylor Swift's "22" as we drove through campus. 
    • I may or may not have cried because I knew 24 hours from then, that song would no longer be relevant to me (I have a lot of feelings, okay). 


Turtle Pond @ UT-Austin


Birthday Day: May 29

  • Woke up, REALLY excited to be turning the big 2-3. Obvs. 

Sleepy baby wakes up for her Big Day
  • Went on a 2.3 mile run. Because 23 miles is not happening anytime soon.

Molasses Legs this AM.

  • My friend had to work, so she left me some entertainment: 

C's the best.

Since my friends are hard at work, I have Austin to myself for the day. Now I'm just hanging out, blogging, watching Arrested Development, and will soon venture out in search of the perfect cup of coffee. I'm loving this day so far.

Tonight, I'm looking forward to:
  • Going out to Blues on the Green (weather permitting)
  • Having an entire drink to celebrate my birthday... I'm a super cheap date/ have zero tolerance so this amount will be sufficient. :)
I'll let you know how the rest of my birthday went! Thank you for all the lovely messages/ texts/ Facebook wall posts! I certainly feel loved.


Comments

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAYA!! :D I hope you have a beautiful and productive year!
    (ps. it's okay. Taylor swift is 23 too.)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts