Absolutely Blessed

Two years. Wow!


I have so much to say and so many feelings, that writing everything out would overflow onto 3723 blog posts (approximately), so I'm going to try to keep it simple. I want to share so much about what this day means for me, but I also know that it really boils down to this:

I am thankful for the life I have. I want to celebrate that life, that blessing, today and every day. 

It's as simple, and as complicated, as that. So, I'll keep my two year heartiversary entry short and to the point:

1. This morning, I woke up, looked outside at the beautiful Sedona sunrise. I smiled a huge smile, because, wow, being alive and healthy and safe is such a blessing!

2. I added these two little Pandora clips to my bracelet:



My charms are special in a few ways:
  • The two new hearts are for two years since my heart surgery (obvs). Plus, the name of the clip is "Steady Heart"... how perfect is that? Answer: So perfect. 
  • Holly symbolizes protection and persistence even amidst dark times. 
  • The caduceus is a symbol used in many healthcare professions, including nursing :)

(I'm not advertising for Pandora... I just love that my bracelet is so personal and reminds me of the journey I've been on for the past few years.)

3. I looked back on a journal entry I wrote August 1st of last year (my one year heartiversary). While a lot has changed since last year, I realized how much that entry meant to me, and decided to offer that up again as a prayer of thanksgiving:

Aug 1 2013

God, 
How are you?
Still there? Good.

Thank you. Thank you for everything. 
Thank you for this crazy, awesome, frustrating year. 
I'm not sure where I'm headed, or what the next steps look like. And I'm kind of scared. I don't like not knowing what my life will look like a year from now. But I guess a year ago today, I had no idea how this year was going to pan out, and I have to say, I am grateful for all that I've experienced so far. 
Thank you for teaching me about strength. Real strength. The strength that comes from being made weak and vulnerable... I am grateful for that pain. I wear my scar proudly. I am never ashamed. My scar is my badge of courage, physical proof that I went through something really hard, and came out strong, and brave, and changed.  I am absolutely blessed. 


Two years. Two amazing, frustrating, beautiful years. 
I am absolutely blessed. 


Comments

Popular Posts