Teacher Tales

I can always count on my students to remind me of how being any sort of teacher/ adult figure immediately makes you 687954 times less cool than they are. Also, apparently it ages you by at least 65 years.

A few gems:

Kid: Miss Thodé, do you know what YOLO means?
Me: Yes... "You only live once."
Kid: *Jaw drops* WHAT? How do YOU know that? Aren't you like, 80 years old?
Me: -___-  No. I am 22. But good guess.

(Ab circuit during track practice; I put on "Hall of Fame" to keep them motivated.)
Kid: YOU have this song on your iPhone?! Wow.

Kid: Miss Thodé, do you know who Pink is?
Me: Yes, I do.
Kid: Like, the singer. Not the color.
Me: ... Yes.

Then there are the utterly confusing comments/ questions like:

Kid: Miss Thodé, you look like this one girl in a Pitbull music video.
Me: ...Thank you?

Kid: Miss Thodé, what color was Michael Jackson's hair?
Me: I ... don't know? When he died? Or when? Umm... Brown?
Kid: *huge exasperated sigh* BLACK. IT WAS BLACK.


Not sure why my students think I'm so lame...

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts