13.1

It always seems impossible until it is done.


If you would have told me that I would be running a half marathon, I wouldn't have believed you. I would have laughed in your face, or told you, "no way...that's impossible".

But this year has taught me so much about what the word "impossible" means. Spoiler: "impossible" is nothing but a challenge to do whatever it is that's supposedly impossible.  And really, anything is possible with a little faith and determination.

So on Sunday, I ran 13.1 miles. 

I had a goal time called "fast enough to not get picked up by the runner struggle bus. I basically just wanted to finish. I'm proud to announce that I finished in 2:36:55, which is pretty impressive considering I stopped a few times to take selfies/ have random bystanders take pictures of me. I didn't hit any walls, both in the literal and figurative sense. That's good. :)

All in all, I had a great time! Running alongside thousands of women was incredibly inspirational.  And running knowing that it had been less than a year since my open heart surgery was a feeling I won't ever forget. I sprinted across that finish line, laughing, crying and so proud that I had accomplished something so important to me. I wasn't sure I could do it. But I did it. It was hard, and it was painful at times, but it was worth it. And I am so proud.

My race in pictures:
En route to Chicago from Notre Dame
My morning coffee

Rocking my Ironheart Racing gear
Beautiful Lake Michigan
Mile 11 and feeling great
Best feeling ever.

Portillo's. Obviously.
I did it!
Thanks for all the love and prayers. 

Comments

  1. What an inspiring motto!
    P.S. I love your goal time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! What an amazing experience! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts