Announcement: I'm Only Half Crazy

I'm running in the Chicago Women's Half Marathon tomorrow (Sunday).




Remember this post? I was hesitant to share this news right away because honestly, I was scared. And I still am! I'm nervous. I'm afraid that I might not have what it takes to finish the race. But I am going to run with all my heart. And as I run, I'll remind myself that during this past year, I've surprised myself with how much I can do and have done.

I'm running for this girl, who lay in bed her first night after heart surgery, her chest aching and her lungs burning: Breathe in. Breathe out. Breathe in. Breathe out.



I'm running for the girl who stood up for the first time and walked around the CVICU with a determination like no other.



I'm running for that girl who felt so much joy during her first 1/4 mile run after surgery.



I'm running for that girl who, over the course of the past year, has discovered over and over and over again, that she is so much stronger than she thought.



Most importantly, I'm running to thank the God that made all of this possible. I'm running to honor the one who blessed me with this beautiful, grace-filled life. On Sunday morning at 6:30 am, I'm making my race my prayer. If you're the praying type, please keep me in your heart tomorrow.

Thanks friends.
Love,
MayaJoy

I run because I can. When I get tired, I remember those who can't run, what they'd give to have this simple gift I take for granted, and I run harder for them. I know they would do the same for me. 
-Unknown

p.s. If you're in Chicago and would like to be entertained, come watch us at the finish line in Grant Park!

Comments

Popular Posts