The Wikipedia Game

I'm trying to post more regularly, which involves writing about things that *gasp* aren't necessarily heart-related. But let's be real here, my blog is called (W)holehearted and I geek out about anything related to science, medicine or nursing. So my blog will mostly stay that way. BUT I do have other hobbies besides fangirling over Phoenix Children's Hospital, pulling the open heart surgery card, and running


Enter another one of my hobbies: The Wikipedia Game. 



Friends. 
It's the best game ever, mostly because I always win. I'll explain the game for those of you who are unfamiliar with it (I plagiarized the following stuff from an essay I wrote... but maybe that doesn't really count as plagiarism since it's just me): 

"I am the (self-declared) Wikipedia Game Champion of Notre Dame, undefeated amongst my friends and anyone bold enough to challenge me to a few rounds. To play the Wikipedia Game, you choose a random starting Wikipedia page (e.g.Turkmenistan) and a “goal page” of a seemingly unrelated page (e.g. Friends Season 5). The goal is to be the fastest player to get to the goal page using only the blue hyperlinks found in each article. Anyone caught using the “back” arrow, going through the “United States of America” page, or using the command: find function is immediately disqualified."

(I promise the essay went on for longer and was way deeper than me just bragging about my Rainman tendencies) 

Those were just the rules I've used when playing with friends, I don't know the "official" rules, if they exist....

So, Turkmenistan to Friends Season 5? 
Easy: Turkmenistan --> September 11 Attacks --> New York City --> List of people from New York City--> Jennifer Aniston --> Friends --> Friends Season 5.

If you want to play with friends, go ahead! All you need are laptops, a wifi connection, and about 7 hours of uninterrupted free time, because you will be hooked. Just make sure you all start on the same random Wikipedia article, and you're good to go. 

If you want to play online here's the link. 

You're welcome for wasting the rest of your morning/afternoon/evening/life.

Comments

Popular Posts