Whaddup Interwebs

Welp. I think we all saw this coming.

I did kind of disappear once nursing school started. I think it took over my life a little bit WHOOPS.
My blog is still important to me/ apparently I'm still getting a lot of views over here in this tiny corner of the interwebs, so I figured as long as you're still reading, I'll keep (spontaneously) writing!

Random, not-at-all comprehensive updates on life:

  • Still writing, although a lot of it is offline and in the pages of my own journal. 
  • The other day I went to a movie by myself, which is cool. What's even cooler is the fact that it was a 3D movie about NASA and I was wearing a NASA shirt totally accidentally. No joke. Check out those 3D glasses: 
  • Doing that whole nursing school thing, although not for much longer (I graduate in 3 weeks!)
  • Listening to Adele's 25 on repeat. She gets me. 
  • Completing my nursing school final practicum in a cardiac ICU at Hopkins. Super cool, super huge learning curve. Aka, I ended up doing chest compressions on a coding patient approximately 45 minutes into my first shift. #baptismbyfire #beforeandafter: 


  • Still running, although not as often. Remember this post? Well, I beat my determined yet stupid record and completed another half marathon with even less training than before. (Read: my training consisted of one 2-mile run about 5 weeks before the half marathon. But I PRed somehow. SOTHERE.) 
  • Still teaching. Sort of. I'm a Pathophysiology tutor at my school, which is incredibly exciting for probably only myself now that I think about it. I think I'll always be a teacher in some way or another-- old habits die hard. I get wayyy too excited about preload/ afterload, the Loop of Henle, etc etc. 
  • Not playing the sousaphone anymore. This isn't really an update, I just wanted to remind everyone about that one time I played the sousaphone in the Notre Dame marching band because people either (A) don't believe me or (B) think it's hilarious (or, I guess (C) all of the above). 
  • Still wanting to blog lots and lots. Probably about nursing school, and nursing, and life, and heart-related stuff etc. PLEASE let me know if there's anything specific you'd like to read/ hear about! 



Peace and Blessings,
MayaJoy 

p.s. sorry for all the selfies but you're welcome for the MayaJoy Peace Sign 

Comments

  1. Hi MayaJoy! Congratulations on graduating. I enjoy reading your blog. Do you know what type of nursing you'd like to go into?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I also wanted to ask you what were your favourite parts of nursing school?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy CHD awareness week :). I am volunteering with the Emerson Rose Heart Foundation and we are sharing stories his week to celebrate CHD families!!! Feel free to join us....and keep writing. Carrie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts