About Me

So, I figured I'd provide some more information about myself. I have a little info about me on my inaugural post, but there's not too much there. Until I get a fancy blog makeover (Christmas money?), this post will have to do. Enjoy! Oh, and feel free to leave any other questions in the comments, or message me!


Basic Info:
Name: MayaJoy M.V. Thodé
Age: 22 years
Alma Mater: The University of Notre Dame (May 2012)


Major: Romance Languages and Literatures (French and Spanish) / Gender Studies
Current Occupation: Part-time teacher, part-time student, part-time aspiring superheroine
Location: Sedona, Arizona (most beautiful city in the southwest)


Blogging since: July 2012 (I had a Xanga in 6th grade, but I don't think that counts...)
Faith: Roman Catholic 
Relationship Status: Dating Steve, aka the most thoughtful, caring, handsome, holy person ever.




Heart Stuff:
Congenital Heart Defect: Atrial Septal Defect (diagnosis | symptoms
Heart Defect Discovered: June 2012
Survived Open Heart Surgery: August 1st, 2012


Hospital: Phoenix Children's Hospital (best. hospital. ever)
Left the Hospital: August 4th, 2012 (I guess I'm a fast healer)
Incision: Median Sternotomy, closed with sternal wires and dissolvable glue


Scar length: 4.25 inches
Doctors: Dr. Jeff Rockow (pediatric cardiologist), Dr. John Nigro (surgeon)
Best Post-Surgery Moment: Really close tie between (1) waking up for the first time and knowing that I made it through, and (2) running for the first time. I only ran 1/2 a mile, but I felt like a champion. I started laughing because I was so overcome with joy. 

Random:
Favorite Mythical Creature: Unicorn. Obviously. Although its status as "mythical" is debatable.
Favorite Fashion Accessory: Pearls. Pearl earrings, (fake) pearl necklace. That, or neon running shorts.
Most Exhilarating Place I've Been: The top of Mount Pilatus in Lucerne, Switzerland (I visited tons of cool places during my semester abroad in Angers, France). 

Special Skills: Crafty bubble letter fonts, arts and crafts, talking to animals, crying when horses die in movie battle scenes
Fun Fact: With help from a friend, I learned how to play the tuba during my sophomore year of college so that I could be in the Notre Dame Marching Band. 


Future Aspirations: Pediatric Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant 
Favorite Quote: Wherever you go, go with all your heart. 

Comments

  1. I love this post. :) it's great to get to know you a little bit more! The boy looks handsome, what's his name?
    um. you played tuba??! We are SO friends. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts