In everything, give thanks.

Last week, I received an unexpected package in the mail from a dear friend from Notre Dame. I opened it and found a small notebook:

Front cover: "In everything, give thanks."
My friend sent it to me because it reminded her of the gratitude notebook I wrote about in a previous post! I was so incredibly grateful (thank you so much, dear friend, you know who you are). I've been writing in it, and I'd like to share a few things I've written down so far in my gratitude notebook.

Today, I am grateful for: 

1. Family & Friends 
Between graduating from ND, having open heart surgery, and moving back to AZ, I've had plenty of ups and downs. But I have also had oh so many "aha" moments where I've realized how fortunate I am to have such wonderful friends and family. I am so incredibly blessed to have so many people, near and far, rooting for me and constantly sending me love. My friends are seriously/honestly/no joke some of the best human beings ever.

2. Health
I have a healthy heart, and a strong body that can take me wherever I need to go. Enough said.

3. Sunshine
Sedona is absolutely beautiful and so so sunny. I love waking up to the sunlight streaming through my bedroom window. In the afternoons, I love running straight toward the sunlight, and trying to beat the sunset home.

4. Life
Last week at the hospital (I volunteer in OB), I held a newborn baby in my arms. She was tiny, beautiful, full of life and so incredibly fragile. That moment reminded me of the frailty and beauty of life. What a beautiful blessing, to be alive!

What are you grateful for today?

Comments

Popular Posts