Thankful

I wrote this post after Thanksgiving Day, because I think it's important to be grateful each and every day. Thanksgiving reminds us to count our blessings. But why not count these blessings daily?

via. 
Today, and every day, I try to be thankful for my experiences over the past several months. Although having a congenital heart defect (CHD) and going through open heart surgery might not seem like a huge blessing, I would beg to differ. Of course, there have been challenges. But there have also been so many blessings. Not only have I learned to appreciate the caring and loving presence of those around me, but I have also learned about the strength of my own body and spirit. 

A few weeks ago, I spent some time in silence during Eucharistic Adoration. I was praying and  thinking about how incredible it was that my heart was stopped, fixed, and then restarted (I actually think about this a lot). How cool is that? How incredibly amazing is that?!

I put my hand on my chest and felt that ever-present, strong heartbeat that I often take for granted. I was so awestruck. What a beautiful miracle. I hope that I can continue to express my gratitude in all that I do.

Dear God, 
Let each beat of my heart 
Resound with thanks and gratitude 
For this blessed life I have been given.


Happy Thanksgiving!



Comments

Popular Posts