"I Will": January Review



Right before New Years, I linked up with Rima (at Bolu by Rima) and shared 12 of my resolutions for 2013Well, January's over! Time for monthly review #1. 



1. Run. 
I ran The Color Run on January 26th, and The Sedona Marathon on February 2nd. I'm planning on signing up for a 10k soon! So excited.

2. Bike to work. 
I haven't done this yet... I need to get on this ASAP.

3. Make a physical photo album. 
Ugh... haven't done this one yet either. My goal for February will be to print enough pictures out for an album. :)

4. Pursue nursing.
I'm working on this! I'm taking a Biology class and a Human Development class through my local community college. Getting the rest of my prereqs out of the way! My CNA license # hasn't been issued yet, but as soon as that happens, I'll be applying for some part time CNA positions. Woo hoo!

5. Be more grateful. 
I received a gratitude notebook in the mail from a dear friend! I have a few entries written down, but I need to keep writing in this on a regular basis.

6. Spend quality time. 
I started going to hot yoga classes, and I LOVE it. It's a good place for me to center myself and reconnect with my body. I'm definitely spending more quality time with myself.

7. Grow in my faith.
Reading "Come, Be My Light," a book inspired by Mother Teresa's private writings. Great book for where I'm at right now.

8. Make music.
Does singing in the shower count?

9. Do something that scares me. 
I went snow tubing in Pennsylvania, and after a few runs of just sitting on the tube, I took the plunge and went on my stomach. I was scared that I might hit a bump and hurt my sternum, but everything went swimmingly! I had such a good time... it was even a little exhilirating doing something that scared me at first!

10. Grow as a blogger. 
I'm finding new ways to blog, like the video blog I posted the other day.

11. Advocate. 
I sent a letter to the local newspaper about Congenital Heart Defect Awareness week, and I've been in contact with other organizations that provide support to CHD patients. We'll see where this goes!

12. Create more art. 
I made a red velvet cake from scratch the other day. I'm definitely counting this as food art. It was heavenly and so so so time consuming :)






Comments

  1. Isn't this link up the best? I love it because I'm actively thinking about my goals more than once or twice a year now! :) Yay for #4! #8 totally counts. and geez, #9 sounds like fun! tubing is pretty much the only winter sport I REALLY enjoy, and I don't do it as much as I'd like to. And Yes to #12. food CAN be art, absolutely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hot yoga! I've been nervous to go after recently being diagnosed with ASD:(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts