Miracles in Motion

As some of you might know, I ran a half marathon this past June, benefitting the American Heart Association. In a couple of weeks, I am running in the PF Chang's Rock and Roll Half Marathon in Tempe, Arizona. This time, I am running as part of Phoenix Children's Hospital's "Miracles in Motion" program. This is a program where athletes compete on behalf of patients at PCH, and raise money in the process. As a former patient of PCH, I jumped at the opportunity to participate in this amazing program. I can't think of a better way to give back to a place that has given me so much.

Running a half marathon in June...I promise I was having fun!

Recently, I had a chance to go down to PCH and interview with Andrea Robinson from Fox 10 news (I'll try to post a link to the segment once it airs!). I also had a wonderful surprise waiting for me at the hospital! I got to meet Tyler, my MVP ("most valuable patient"). He's 3 1/2 years old and is being treated for leukemia, but thankfully, he's in the maintenance phase. Tyler wore an Iron Man costume, complete with a mask! I told him I'd wear an Iron Man inspired running outfit when I run my half marathon. :) Tyler and I walked through the CVICU and brought baked goods to thank the doctors, nurses and techs that work at the hospital.
via PCH.


I have a huge favor to ask of you readers. I'm raising money on behalf of Tyler and other patients like him at PCH, and was wondering if you might be willing to donate to our cause. All proceeds directly benefit the patients. My fundraising goal is $1000.


Any donation would be greatly appreciated. I'll even send you a thank you card autographed by yours truly! And, if you're unable to make a donation, even a prayer or positive vibes go a long way. And if you happen to be in Tempe on January 19th, I'd love to see you at the finish line!

Thank you!

via pinterest.


Comments

Popular Posts